Hindolveston Parish Council is your local authority and is a legal entity in its own right but it is made up of councillors. It does have specific statutory duties and quite a variety of powers. In fulfilling its duties, the Parish Council must work within a legal framework and adhere to a number of directives. These are written by the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) or the Department for Communities and Local Government. In addition, the Parish Council develops its own policies that are approved at Council meetings and are put under version control. For ease of access these are listed below (with hyperlinks to the documents themselves) with the date they were last reviewed/ produced or adopted.
NALC and local government Related
- Model Standing Orders 2018 (England) produced by the NALC and adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council on 17 May 2018.
- NALC Code of Conduct adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council on 20 September 2012.
- NALC Financial Regulations adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council on 18 June 2015.
- Department for Communities and Local Government Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities issued Dec 2014 came into effect Apr 2015.
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Data Protection related
- ICO Certificate of Registration dated 02 Feb 2012 expires 01 Feb 2019.
- Register of Data Controllers dated 02 Feb 2012.
- Terms of Reference for the Data Protection Committee adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council on 17 May 2018.
- GDPR Policy adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council on 17 May 2018.
- Hindolveston Parish Council Privacy Statement adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council on 17 May 2018.
Registration of Members Interest Related
- Register of Members Interest Form – Completed by councillors upon election or co-option to the council
- Completed forms should be made available for viewing on the North Norfolk District Council website.
Directly Related to Hindolveston Parish Council
- Annual Governance Statement – This is confirmed by the Parish Council at the Annual Parish Council meeting and forms part of the Annual Return to the External Auditors. It was last confirmed in May 2017.
- Data Protection matters (see above)
- Parish Councillors’ Responsibilities and Subsidiary Roles. This provides a high level description of the subsidiary duties carried out by Parish Councillors and other members of the public in support of the community. In some cases the roles are linked to policy/ protocol documents but the remainder are left undefined. Last updated in May 2018.
- Planning Protocol adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council in February 2017.
- The Parish Council creates and updates various other village specific documents to provide guidance/ instructions on the performance of its duties. For ease of reference these are listed below and available for download by clicking on the document titles.
- Website Management Policy adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council in March 2017.
- Hindolveston PC Asset Register last updated May 2017.
- Traffic Speed Management Policy adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council in June 2017, and was last updated in September 2017.
- Hindolveston PC Risk Assessment updated annually, last updated May 2017.
- Recreation Ground Play Area RoSPA Inspection dated June 2017.
- Model Complaints Form – adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council on 17 May 2018.
- Disciplinary Policy – adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council on 17 May 2018.
- Grievance Policy – adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council on 17 May 2018.
- Information available under the Model Publication Scheme – made available on the website 02 June 2018.