The Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We do not pass on your details to any third party unless you give us permission or the Council is legally obliged to do so or it is for the prevention or detection of crime or fraud. Our website contains full details of Norfolk County Council’s Data Protection Policy.
Data Protection Officer
Norfolk County Council appoints a Data Protection Officer who coordinates Data Protection across the Council and can be contacted by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Norfolk County Council, Norfolk Record Office, The Archive Centre, Martineau Lane, Norwich, NR1 2DQ, Norfolk, UK, or by telephoning 01603 222170.
What information do we collect?
If you are a user with general public and anonymous access the Norfolk County Council website does not store or capture personal information.
We collect information from visitors to the NorfolkParishes website in two ways:
1. Comments left on the site
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookie by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.)
Leaving a comment on the Norfolk Parishes site does not constitute contacting Norfolk County Council. You should use the www.norfolk.gov.uk site for that.
What happens when I click on a link to another site?
These guidelines constitute our acceptable use policy for the Norfolk Parishes website. Their purpose is to be transparent and fair and make clear to users how we decide what to include, or to remove, and what our complaints procedure is.
This website is supported by Norfolk County Council and managed by Parish and Town Clerks and volunteers. Our aim is to help and support local communities.
We want the site to be a positive, friendly, useful place. In general, please join in! Please be polite and friendly, welcome newcomers, show respect for your readers and use common sense.
We do have to specify some of the things which aren’t acceptable. Here comes the serious bit!
Comments which break the following rules will be removed and your future comments may be automatically banned. If you take issue with a decision then please email email@example.com.
- No personalized attacks on individuals
- No illegal content, or links to it, for example, pornography, specific threats toward someone, libel, violating someone’s copyright, selling of illegal goods, etc.
- No incitement to hatred
- No pornography or any material we consider unsuitable for viewing/reading by all age groups
- No personal data about anyone other than the person posting the data without their express permission
- No comments which are racist, sexist or offensive.
- No “affiliate marketing,” “link referral code,” “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or irrelevant commercial advertisement.
- No posting of or linking to any file that contains viruses, corrupted files, “Trojan Horses,” or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else’s computer.
- No deliberate harming of this site, for example by flooding the site with comments in order to disrupt our service.
- No impersonating another person, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity.
- No party political sites which can be seen to be supporting (or excluding) particular candidates in the time of elections
Norfolk Parishes strictly prohibits any suggestion or inference of endorsement or recommendation of any product or service. A third party must ensure that nothing on its own site describes, or could be understood to imply, that any part of the Norfolk Parishes web site is part of the third party web site.
The Norfolk Parishes web site provides links to a number of third-party web sites for convenience and information purposes only. These links have been selected by Town and Parish Clerks and volunteers, but they do NOT represent the opinion of Norfolk County Council or any other partners in Norfolk Parishes, nor do they imply endorsement of the content or association with the author. Norfolk Parishes has no control over the content of third-party web sites nor is Norfolk Parishes responsible for the content or availability of third-party web sites.
Norfolk Parishes makes no warranty, express or implied, with respect to documents or other information available from the Norfolk Parishes web site or from other third-party web sites linked to the Norfolk Parishes web site, assumes no legal liability or responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any such information, and does not represent that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
Norfolk Parishes shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of any such content, products, services, or other materials available on or provided by the Norfolk Parishes web site, or any third-party web site or resource. If a link to a third-party web site is not functional, that link will be repaired or removed in a timely manner upon notice. For your protection, please refer to the terms of service and privacy policies of the respective third-party resources.