Hindolveston Parish Council is a legal entity in its own right and made up of councillors and supported by a clerk who is also the designated Proper Officer. The Parish Council has specific statutory duties and quite a variety of powers. In fulfilling these duties, it must work within a legal framework and adhere to a number of directives. These are written by the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) or the Department for Communities and Local Government. In addition, the Parish Council develops its own policies that are approved at Council meetings and are put under version control.
For ease of access all of the policies/ documentation are listed below (with hyperlinks to the documents themselves) with the date they were last reviewed/ produced or adopted. Earlier versions are kept by the Parish Council clerk but are not available on the website.
Governance and Administration
- HV Standing Orders on 17 May 2018
- HV Code of conduct July 2012 adopted 09 12 adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council on 20 September 2012
- HV Financial Regulations adopted 06 15 adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council on 18 June 2015 .
- Planning Protocol adopted by in February 2017, latest update: May 2019
- HV Diversity and Equality statement
- Register of Members Interest Form – completed by councillors upon election or co-option to the council and available for viewing on the North Norfolk District Council website.
- Parish Councillors’ Responsibilities and Subsidiary Roles. This provides a high level description of the subsidiary duties carried out by councillors and other members of the public in support of the community. In some cases the roles are linked to policy/ protocol documents. Latest update: July 2019.
Data Protection, Freedom of Information and Transparency
- ICO Certificate of Registration dated 02 Feb 2012 expires 01 Feb 2021.
- Register of Data Controllers dated 02 Feb 2012
- Terms of Reference for the Data Protection Working Group (formerly Committee) First adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council on 17 May 2018, latest update: 16 May 2019
- Data Protection Policy (formerly GDPR Policy) First adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council on 17 May 2018, latest update: 16 May 2019
- Hindolveston Parish Council Privacy Statement First adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council on 17 May 2018, latest update: 16 May 2019
- Information available under the Publication Scheme
- Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities
Other policies and guidance
The Parish Council creates and updates various other village specific documents to provide guidance/ instructions on the performance of its duties. For ease of reference these are listed below and available for download by clicking on the document titles.
- Website Management Policy first adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council in March 2017, latest update: May 2019
- Traffic Speed Management Policy first adopted by Hindolveston Parish Council in June 2017, latest update: September 2017
- Hindolveston PC Asset Register last updated May 2019
- Hindolveston PC Risk Assessment updated annually, latest update: May 2019
Recreation Ground and Millennium Pavilion
- Hindolveston Recreation Ground 16-06-2020 annual inspection latest update: June 2020
- Millennium Hall Fire Extinguisher Inspection Certificate, latest update: April 2019