Dates, Meeting Venue and Timings
The schedule for the regular Parish Council meetings is shown below. Meetings will take place in the Millennium Pavilion at the Recreation Ground and start at 7.30 pm, unless otherwise stated on the agenda.
Given the current situation regarding Coronavirus it is not possible to hold parish council meetings in the Millennium Pavilion. Legislation has been passed to give parish councils the option of holding meetings virtually. Hindolveston Parish Council will be holding parish council meetings via Zoom – this will also enable members of the public to attend virtually and to have oversight if they so wished. A link to a Parish Council virtual meeting will be published on the website.
Members of the public who wish to raise matters of concern may also do so by email to [email protected] or telephoning the Clerk 01328 822366.
The agenda for each meeting will be finalised then made available on this website (and the village notice board) no later than 3 clear working days before the day of the meeting. Some of the other documentation being considered by the Parish Council will also be available on the website.
Schedule and Agenda
- Thursday 16th January 2020 HV Agenda January 2020
- Thursday 20th February 2020 HV Agenda February 2020
- Thursday 19th March 2020 cancelled due to coronavirus
- Thursday 16th April 2020 (including the Annual Parish Meeting) cancelled due to coronavirus
- * Change of date to Wednesday 27 May 2020 at 7.30 pm via Zoom HV Agenda May 2020
- Thursday 18th June 2020 HV Agenda June 2020
- Thursday 16th July 2020 HV Agenda July 2020 (the link to the Zoom meeting is on the Agenda).
- Thursday 17th September 2020 HV Agenda Sept 2020 (the link to the Zoom meeting is on the Agenda).
- Thursday 15th October 2020
- Thursday 19th November 2020
MINUTES: May 2020 to April 2021
Once documents are available they will be uploaded to the website and can be found by clicking on the links. If you require these in a different format please do contact the Parish Clerk [email protected]
- May 2020 HV Minutes May 2020 (word document) HV Minutes-May-2020.pdf (pdf)
- June 2020 HV Minutes June 2020 (word document)
- July 2020 HV Minutes July 2020 (word document)
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021 (and The Annual Parish Meeting)
Minutes of the previous meeting are reviewed at the start of the current meeting. If approved, these are signed by Chair at that time. All of the signed hard copies of the minutes are retained by the Parish Council Clerk.
Attendance and Involvement
Members of the public and the press are welcome to attend to witness your council in action. At an early part of each meeting, the Chair opens the meeting to the visiting public for input. This means there is no fixed agenda for this part. Points raised will be noted and if matters can be resolved there and then, all the better. For more significant matters, i.e. ones that may require further research and possibly a formal decision, it is unlikely that the Parish Council can or will deal with them at that time.
All members of the community are reminded that they are represented by the Parish Councillors so if they want the Parish Council to deal with a matter in a more structured way, then a more formal approach is advised. One option to ‘make your voice heard’ is to liaise with one of the Parish Councillors well before the a meeting, to request that an appropriate agenda item is included for the next meeting.
Other than this open phase of the meeting, the public are not expected to intervene unless the Chair has specifically asked for comments.