HINDOLVESTON PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Mrs Joanna Otte,
Little Manor, Thursford Road, Little Snoring, Fakenham, NR21 0JN
Tel. 01328 822366 e-mail: [email protected]
Privacy Statement / Promise: latest update May 2019
This statement explains why and how we use your personal data and your rights concerning that data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA).
The Parish Council is the Data Controller and Data Processor; the Parish Clerk is the Data Protection Officer. Contact details for the Data Protection Officer / Parish Clerk are listed above.
Processing Personal Data
We will always treat your personal information with great care. The Parish Council’s right to process information is in the General Data Protection Regulation Article 6 (1) (a) (b) (c) and (e):
- Processing is with consent of the data subject
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
Sharing your data
- The Council may share your personal data with the following other ‘third parties’
- The District or County Council – so that we can resolve your query or problem
- Our bank – for making payments to you
- Our auditors
- Other organisations and business who provide services to us such as back-up and email hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions. (These organisations understand their obligation to put in place appropriate security measures and they will be responsible to you directly for the manner in which they process and protect your personal data.)
The Parish Council has a duty to ensure the security of personal data. We make sure that your information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction or unauthorised disclosure. This is done through appropriate technical measures and appropriate policies. Copies of these policies can be requested.
We will only keep your data for the purpose it was collected for and only for as long as is necessary. After which it will be deleted. (You many request the deletion of your data held by the Parish Council at any time).
We will not process any data relating to a child (under 13) without the express parental/ guardian consent of the child concerned.
Access to Information
You have the right to request access to the information we have on you. You can do this by contacting the Parish Clerk (contact details above).
If you believe that the information we have about you is incorrect, you may contact us so that we can update it and keep your data accurate. Please contact the Parish Clerk (contact details above) to request this.
If you wish the Parish Council to delete the information about you please contact the Parish Clerk (contact details above) to request this.
Right to Object
If you believe that your data is not being processed for the purpose it has been collected for, you may object. Please contact the Parish Clerk (contact details above) to object.
Rights Related to Automated Decision Making and Profiling
The Parish Council does not use any form of automated decision making or the profiling of individual personal data.
Conclusion: In accordance with the law, we only collect a limited amount of information about you that is necessary for correspondence, information and service provision. We do not use profiling, we do not sell or pass your data to third parties. We do not use your data for purposes other than those specified. We make sure your data is stored securely. We delete all information deemed to be no longer necessary. We constantly review our Privacy Policies to keep it up to date in protecting your data. (You can request a copy of our policies at any time).
If you have a complaint regarding the way your personal data has been processed you may make a complaint to the Parish Clerk / Data Protection Officer (contact details above) and the Information Commissioners Office [email protected]Tel: 0303 123 1113.